Donate Blood. Save Lives.
There's a significant blood shortage in the U.S. right now. According to the American Red Cross, more than 7,000 of their blood drives have been canceled across the country due to Coronavirus concerns. This has resulted in 200,000 fewer donations.
Ferrari of New England will be holding a blood drive with the American Red Cross at our facility on Tuesday, March 31 from 10am – 4pm. We have 48 appointments available throughout the course of the 6-hour blood drive. 2 appointments will be available per 15 minutes.
Many safety measures are in place to allow for a safe and successful blood drive:
- Before entering the blood drive, all potential donors will undergo temperature screening.
- Anyone with a temperature of 99.5°F or higher will not be able to enter the blood drive.
- All staff and volunteers will wear gloves, and change gloves between each donor.
- The number of people (staff, volunteers, and donors) allowed in the blood drive at one time will be limited to 25.
- Hand sanitizer will be located throughout the blood drive.
- Donors are required to sanitize their hands before touching equipment (tablets or laptops) and eating/drinking.
- All equipment and surfaces will be sanitized between each donor.
Important Considerations Before Donating
- Donating blood DOES NOT impact or weaken the immune system.
- There is no data showing that Coronavirus can be transmitted via blood transfusion.
- The following individuals must withhold donating blood for 28 days:
- Anyone who has traveled to China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, Italy, or South Korea.
- Anyone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19.
- Anyone who has been in physical contact with someone diagnosed with or deemed to have the virus.
Spread The Word
We need your help! Please spread the word about the importance of donating blood at this time. If you are on social media, consider sharing the graphic below with hashtag #GiveBlood.REGISTER HERE